I Got Bitten By A Dog, Do I Need A Dog Bite Lawyer?
What should I do If a dog bit me?
Knowing what to do in case a dog bites you or a loved one makes a terrible situation a little less confusing. Steps to take if you are bitten by a dog:
- Call emergency services using 911 to get police and ambulance on the way. The first priority in any dog bite incident is your safety and health.
- As soon as possible after emergency services have been contacted, start gathering information about the dog and the owner. Ask if the dog is up to date on shots and other information that might be useful to health care workers.
- Have someone take pictures of your bite wound, the area the bite occurred, and if you can do so safely, the dog that bit you. Note the time of day, address, and name of the dog’s owner.
- Make sure to file a report of the dog bite with the police for a record of the dog’s bite that day. This will help keep other people safe from a dog that is aggressive or dangerous.
- After you are safe and have been treated for your injuries, take the time to find a dog bite attorney you can trust to help you through the process; The attorneys at Leo & Oginni Trial Lawyers will be glad to talk with you about your case for FREE.
Learn more at https://www.gotbitbyadog.com
Getting a Dog Bite Lawyer
A dog bite lawyer will help you understand dog laws in your area
A dog bite lawyer can help you navigate the dog related laws in your specific area. The laws that govern dog owners can be different in each city, town, or county. If you have been bitten by a dog, a trusted dog bite attorney will explain the requirements in your area that dog owners must abide by.
How long is too long to wait to contact a dog bite lawyer?
Dog Bites, like other personal injury claims, generally have a two year statute of limitations for you to make your claim. If you wait longer than two years after you were bitten, the statute of limitations will run and you will most likely not be able to make a claim to recover from a negligent dog owner.
What is the average settlement of a dog bite case?
All dog bite cases are different and the injuries you suffer are different from the injuries of another person. Generally, the more severe the injury or if the dog attack causes scarring or disfigurement, the settlement or trial award will be higher.
Will the dog be put down or euthanized if I report a dog bite to police?
There are cases where a dog attack results in the dog being “put to sleep” or euthanized, however, in most cases this does not happen. If a dog bite is severe or if the dog causes an adult or child to die as a result of the attack, the dog might be euthanized. If a dog bites someone and the injury is a broken finger, the dog will most likely not be euthanized, but will be placed on an aggressive or dangerous dog list.
Call Leo & Oginni Peronal Injury Lawyers in Houston
If you or a loved one has been bitten and injured by a dog, visit us online at www.helpishere.law or just give us a call at (713) 280-3204.Let the dog bite injury attorneys at Leo & Oginni Trial Lawyers evaluate your case for FREE! We will let you know how we can help and guide you through the process of making a negligent dog owner compensate you for your injuries.