Truck Accident Injury Attorney Houston, TX
When you are traveling in and around Houston, TX, the likelihood of seeing a car accident is unfortunately fairly high. These accidents disrupt your day, and in some cases, if you are one of the parties involved, it can disrupt your life for days or weeks. However, when someone is involved in a truck accident, the disruption is far more serious.
If you are involved in a truck accident in the Houston, Sugarland, or Woodland areas, you need to find out what rights you have to be compensated for your injuries. The more serious the injury, the more challenges you will face. At Leo & Oginni, Personal Injury Lawyers, we have experience helping people who find themselves in the challenging position of trying to recover financially after a truck accident.
What Causes Most Truck Accidents in Houston?
Truck driver accidents are far too common. While we depend on truckers to get us the products we need daily, this necessity does not always mean drivers are driving safely. In the Houston area, some of the most common reasons for truck accidents include:
- Speeding - truckers are running on schedule. Despite speed limits, they are often running behind schedule, resulting in a truck driver driving faster than the law allows. This is dangerous, not only for the truck driver but for others who they are sharing the roadway with. Remember, trucks are far harder to control than cars, and they need more stopping room, making speeding dangerous.
- Driving under the influence - whether it is because a truck driver has been drinking, or has been using a prescription or non-prescription drug without understanding the side effects, the result can have serious consequences.
- Maintenance and equipment failure - just like a car requires regular maintenance, so do trucks. Vehicle failure can result in failed brakes, blown tires, or jackknifing, which can have deadly results for those on the road.
- Experience and training - if a trucking company disregards the rules set in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, the result could be a truck driver accident.
Common Truck Accident Injuries
Truck accident injuries are nearly always more serious than those injuries which are suffered in a car accident. Some of the most common truck accident injuries include:
- Head/Neck Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Bone Fractures
- Disfigurement and Scarring
Back and Spinal Cord Injuries
These are only some of the potential injuries a truck accident victim could suffer. The severity of the injury will dictate how long someone must remain away from work and what course of treatment is required.
At Leo & Oginni, our goal is to do everything possible to ensure that your family does not suffer financially following a truck accident.
What To Do After a Truck Accident in Houston?
The primary concern immediately following a car accident in the Houston area is seeking medical attention. This is imperative because there is often a lag in the time between an accident and the time you feel pain from your injuries. A thorough medical examination is important. Other steps you can take include:
- Getting witness information
- Obtaining a copy of the police report
- Taking photos, if possible
The most critical thing you can do is ensure your own safety. If you are physically able to obtain information at the scene, this typically works best. If not, Leo & Oginni can assist in gathering the information needed to file a claim.
When to get a Truck Accident Injury Attorney in Houston
The sooner you contact Leo & Oginni after a truck or car accident, the better. Insurance company negotiations are very complicated after a truck accident because there may be several companies involved. Do not try to deal with the claims process on your own; instead, count on us to advocate on your behalf.
We can never guarantee an outcome, but in our experience, truck accident injury victims usually fare better with an experienced personal injury lawyer ready to work on their case.
Choose Leo & Oginni for Your Truck Accident Injury Case
If you have been involved in a truck accident in the Houston, Sugarland, or Woodland areas of Texas, contact Leo & Oginni, Personal Injury Lawyers, as soon as possible. We offer a free consultation, and we can advise you of your legal rights and options.